TRACK COMMISSION RIDER DEVELOPMENT BURSARY 2019
The purpose of the fund is to help develop riders by providing financial support to help you to travel to overseas racing and/or training events.
This will expose riders to higher levels of track competition & training.
- Riders must hold a current Cycling Ireland licence with an `IRL` UCI Code.
- The fund will be open for applications from any age group except Masters
- Riders in receipt of Sport Ireland `carding` funding are not eligible to apply.
- Riders must be track accredited and have prior track racing experience.
- Funding will only be considered if riders can provide evidence of ongoing participation at their local track facilities (training and/or racing).
- It is expected that riders receiving funding will participate in Cycling Ireland national events and championships.
- The maximum contribution for an individual will be 30% of the cost of the trip up to a maximum of €200 for participation in European events and €150 for UK events.
- The maximum contribution for a team travelling to the same event will be €450 for a UK event and €600 for a European event.*
- The maximum contribution for a group (8 or more) travelling to the same event will be €1,000 for Europe and €800 for UK.
- Riders can apply more than once in a calendar year however priority will be given to fist time applicants.
- Riders must be able to demonstrate that they will have adequate support at the event.
- Riders must provide evidence of registration for the event.
- Applications must be submitted in advance. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Feedback must be provided on the Form provided following the event. Failure to return the completed Form will exclude the participant from future funding.
- Funding will not be considered for events which clash with National or Regional championships in Ireland.
- All funding decisions are at the discretion of the deciding panel.
* A team is defined as a minimum of 4 riders from the same club/team travelling to the same event.
Please complete the form below to apply:-