TRACK COMMISSION RIDER DEVELOPMENT BURSARY
(we are waiting on confirmation on available funds for 2023)
The purpose of the fund is to help develop riders by providing financial support to help you to travel to overseas racing and/or training events.
This will expose riders to higher levels of track competition & training.
- Riders must hold a current Cycling Ireland licence with an `IRL` UCI Code.
- The fund will be open for applications from any age group except Masters
- Riders in receipt of Sport Ireland `carding` funding are not eligible to apply.
- Riders must be track accredited and have prior track racing experience.
- Funding will only be considered if riders can provide evidence of ongoing participation at their local track facilities (training and/or racing).
- It is expected that riders receiving funding will participate in Cycling Ireland national events and championships.
- The maximum contribution for an individual will be 30% of the cost of the trip up to a maximum of €200 for participation in European events and €150 for UK events.
- The maximum contribution for a team travelling to the same event will be €450 for a UK event and €600 for a European event.*
- The maximum contribution for a group (8 or more) travelling to the same event will be €1,000 for Europe and €800 for UK.
- Riders can apply more than once in a calendar year however priority will be given to fist time applicants.
- Riders must be able to demonstrate that they will have adequate support at the event.
- Riders must provide evidence of registration for the event.
- Applications must be submitted in advance. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Feedback must be provided on the Form provided following the event. Failure to return the completed Form will exclude the participant from future funding.
Please click here for Bursary Feedback Form
- Funding will not be considered for events which clash with National or Regional championships in Ireland.
- All funding decisions are at the discretion of the deciding panel.
* A team is defined as a minimum of 4 riders from the same club/team travelling to the same event.
Please complete the form below to apply:-