Accreditation at Sundrive Velodrome
Coaches : Paddy Davis / Eddie Lynch
Accreditation is the basic level of skill required to participate in training and riders will be required to participate in at least one further full training session and only if can be signed off on some other skills and ability to display those at speed, will then be allowed to race.
Remaining 2017 Dates for Accreditation
* Saturday 19th August 14.00
* Saturday 7th October 10am (Extra Accreditation in prep for 2018 Season)
U10/12/U14 riders will be accommodated during the youth Session at 12.30
on the first two Saturdays of any month
Gaining accreditation ensures that riders have the basic level of skill required to participate, safely, in training sessions. Riders are then required to participate in at least one further full training session subsequent to the accreditation session in order for the coaches to assess their ability. Should the rider attain the required skills standard they will be ‘signed off’ and issued with an accreditation ‘pink slip’. Once the rider has a ‘pink slip’ they will be allowed to partake in competition.
Pedals : ‘LOOK KEO’ or ‘Toe Strap with Runners‘ on our hire bikes
Accreditation Costs at Sundrive
- Senior €10 & €5 bike hire
- Youth/Unwaged €5 & €2 bike hire
All accreditations are subject to local weather and a minimum number of 6 participants
- Both stages of accreditation must be undertaken within the same season.
- Riders with less than 1 years racing experience will be removed from the list after two seasons of inactivity.
- Attendance at normal training sessions will extend your accreditation status irrespective of whether you race or not.
- Riders with in excess of 2 years extensive bunch racing experience may remain on the list at the discretion of the Track Commission despite inactivity