The purpose of the fund is to help your development as a rider by providing financial support to help you to travel to overseas racing and/or training events. This will expose riders to higher levels of track competition & training.
Riders eligible to apply
- Riders must have an IRL code on their current licence
- The fund will be open for applications from any age group except for Masters riders who will not be eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to students and unwaged. Consideration will also be taken of a riders overall ability to pay.
- Riders who are carded at World Class level or above will not be eligible to apply.
- Riders must be track accredited and have prior track racing experience.
- Funding will only be considered if riders can provide evidence of ongoing participation at their local track facilities (training and/or racing) .
- It is expected that riders receiving funding will participate in National events
- The maximum contribution will be 30% of the cost of the trip up to a maximum of €200 for participation in European events and €150 for UK events.
- The maximum contribution for a team travelling to an event will be €500
- The maximum contribution for a group (8 or more) travelling to the same event will be €1,000
- Riders can apply more that once in a calendar year however priority will be given to fist time applicants.
Other details relating to applications
- Riders must be able to demonstrate that they will have adequate support at the event
- Riders must provide evidence of registration for the event. They should also check if local track accreditation is required in order to race.
- Applications must be submitted in advance. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- Following the event a questionnaire will be provided to gather rider feedback which must be returned. Failure to return the completed questionnaire will exclude the participant from future funding.
- Funding will not be considered for events which clash with National or Regional championships in Ireland.
- All funding decisions are at the discretion of the deciding panel.
To apply for this funding through this bursary please use the form below:-